Sunday, November 10, 2013

Visual Plans for November 11-15



2 weeks in a row I am sharing my plans with you--WHOA. Here are some things I am looking forward to this week:


  • Veterans Day craft--it's going to be cute!
  • Teaching two more suffixes
  • Doing the Cha Cha Slide in science
  • Math Stations take 2--take 1 was not so hot.
  • A NEW POEM!! We all LOOOVE poetry!
  • Teaching in 1/2 groups for phonics and reading instead of whole group and then small group
  • Spelling on tactile boards
  • Fables
  • I am off on Friday! Of course, this is more work in the long run for me because I have to plan for a sub, but at least I get to enjoy the day! :)






I mentioned spelling on tactile boards for handwriting. Letter practice that involves touch allows the brain to remember motor patterns, so, on a daily basis, we get to have fun AND learn how to form letters at the same time. Basically, I have about 10 minutes designated for handwriting instruction (NOT a lot of time!) so I need materials that I can take out and put away fast and easy. Sometimes we will break out sand, rice, or shaving cream, but on a daily basis, we will use these:

 Don't look too closely, lol. Glue is everywhere and lines are crooked!

This is the best/model felt board. I made these by gluing felt onto poster board and ribbon for the lines. All were glued using spray adhesive.

I also have foam, felt, and glitter sheets on which to form letters--easy peasy!


You also may have noticed this in the plans:

I made this especially for my class this week. I am excited to use it!! You can check it out/pick it up below:

ANNNNND it is on sale for today and Monday only!! :)


What are you up to this week??

3 comments:

  1. I love the handwriting practice ideas!
    ❀Jodi
    Fun In First

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many creative ideas! Thanks for sharing:)

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a special needs child and I am thiking the felt handwriting pads might be good. Could you clarify them to make sure I understand them correctly. The students would practice writing the letters with their finger jus to get the line spacing correct right?
    thanks
    bdwhiddon@juno.com

    ReplyDelete