Saturday, May 18, 2013

Five for SATURDAY!


1. BIG News!! Started this--I am finally ready to think about other grade levels!! (Only took a few months........)

I am in the very early stages--hope to be finished REALLY soon!!! :)


2. This is underway!!! Started on Friday!


3. Did some non-standard unit measuring this week! WAY fun!
 




4. May is the PERFECT time for writing with sensory details! We chilled out on the porch with popsicles one day and watermelon the next. My students LOVED this and LOOOOVED the early morning treats! :)

Check out one of the poems they came up with together: 



5. Opened an Instagram account!! Way more fun than Twitter!
 


Happy Saturday! :)




5 comments:

  1. Yay, our countdown is on too!! Love the poetry, this would be great at the beginning of the year for my second graders :) I am also loving Instagram.

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the popsicle/watermelon writing! I'll have to do that with my 2nd graders before the school year's out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow your blog through email. And, now I just started following you on Instagram. Love the Popsicle lesson, too!!!

    Najda
    #gardenfullofknowlege

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting story I would like to share on this on my facebook friends..
    andkon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, our countdown is on too!! Love the poetry, Very interesting story I would like to share on this on my facebook friends.. too! cpbay.com

    ReplyDelete